Welcome to Blogfest 2013, which is a huge blog hop of book reviewers, book bloggers, authors and other bloggers trying to get the word out about themselves and their products as well as hoping to celebrate everyone in the community.
If you don’t know who I am, my name is Sandra Sookoo. I’m a writer of romantic fiction, concentrating primarily on contemporary and historical genres but I will, on occasion, write sci-fi or paranormal. The heat ratings on my books range from clean, sweet romance to highly erotic. I’ve written menages and classic romance, and love it all! I’m a huge Disney nut, a lover of tea, a watcher of quirky shows such as Psych, Finding Bigfoot and The Big Bang Theory, and I’m also an animal lover. If you’re interested in checking out my catalog of work, pop over to my website.
I don’t know about you, but Fall is my favorite season. What’s not to love about curling up on the sofa with a blanket to ward off the crisp chill in the air, a cup of tea in one hand and a book or e-reader in the other?
So, for my bit of promo for this event, here’s the blurb for my just-released contemporary book ROMANCING THE STARS movie star anthology, featuring short stories from me and four other authors.
~Fantasies that will make you see stars
Sexy stars abound in this collection of five, naughty stories that take you from red carpet premieres to time off from the screen and the auditioning, filming, and parties in between. Featuring young love rekindled, old lovers reunited, multicultural and interracial red carpet hook ups with the potential for more, and a BDSM couple with unexpected proclivities, there’s something to curl everyone’s toes and leave them fans craving more.
A Sunday Kind of Love by Kacey Hammell–For Sunday Reardon, once an A-list actress, leaving the spotlight, hectic schedules and tabloid gossips behind for the quiet tranquility of her hometown was the best decision she ever made. She’s surrounded by her family, her gardens and has everything she needs. Except the love of her life, a past co-star who offered so many promises years ago, only to break them all.
When she’s nominated for an Academy Award, Sunday’s world shifts into confusion and what-might-have-beens as she comes face to face with the one man who broke her heart…and still sets her body on fire.
Red Carpet Release by Emma Lai–Kalea Janssen is happy with her life behind the camera, but when the on-screen talent gets sick, she does what any good producer would, she covers the red carpet affair. The only problem is wardrobe. She has to squeeze her size 14 top into a size 10.
When seams fly at the worst possible moment, enigmatic movie star Eric Flynt, with some prodding, offers his jacket and escorts her from the scene to a private room where she can repair the damage.
Once alone, will both be more interested in seeing Kalea fully released from her clothing?
Special Guest Appearances by
Stephen Raymond and Rachel Harrington from First Take
Private Screening by Sandra Sookoo–J.D. Perkins is living the dream. He’s Hollywood’s hottest black movie star with the world at his feet—until he meets a curvy redhead at a private screening. She has no idea who he is and isn’t dialed into his fame, but the rush of desire he feels for her is all too real.
Meghan Darling is attending the glitzy affair as a favor, but she’d rather be at home reading or writing children’s stories. Mixing with Hollywood’s A-list makes her as uncomfortable as the stilettos she’s wearing, yet there’s something about J.D. she can’t ignore.
A spur of the moment decision on J.D.’s part ushers in an evening of incognito antics—no names, no jobs, nothing except fantasy… except Hollywood is a more sticky web than either of them counted on. It’ll take determination and star power to bridge the worlds separating these two.
Silver Screen Dom by Marie Tuhart–Michael Levin is a rising Hollywood star up for a career-making role. The pressure is intense, but thankfully the leading lady in his life, Kelsey Pierce, knows just how to wield the whip and ease his tension. However, when his potential co-star schemes to take Kelsey’s place in his off-screen life, Michael has to switch to Master mode, a role he’s more than comfortable with, and assume command.
Can Michael and Kelsey’s relationship withstand the strain, or will they survive the games and find long-lasting love?
Special Guest Appearance by
Nicki Masters from Movie Magic (coming 2014)
Take Two by Lacey Wolfe–Years ago, Chloe Flowers lost her virginity to Sean Cooper, before he was hot shot Hollywood star. When he left Bradberry, she stayed behind and built a life that included regular visits to help his grandmother, the same woman who has a secret plan to re-unite the two lovers.
Claiming she is sick, Ms. Cooper lures Sean home. Then she asks Chloe to come by and take her to the grocery store. Only when Chloe shows, Ms. Cooper has gone gambling with a friend, leaving Sean all alone in the house.
Should Chloe take advantage of the set-up and have a weekend she’ll never forget or leave before old feelings resurface?
You can purchase this book at:
All Romance ebooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-romancingthestars-1304404-166.html
GIVEAWAY INFO FOR THIS POST
And here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. I’m giving away what I’m calling an indulgence package. There will be a box of chocolate (or chocolate covered pretzels from Swiss Colony), paperback books (both authored by me and other authors) Mine will be autographed. There will be Bath and Body Works products included, candles and plus a packet of book swag from me.
Now, here are the rules, and you MUST follow all of them to be eligible for the prize.
1. Since the box will be fairly heavy, this giveaway is limited only to US residents only.
2. You MUST give a “like” on my Facebook Author Page. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Sookoo-author/149098339126
3. Following this blog is not mandatory but it is appreciated.
4. You MUST leave your contact information in your comment. Any post without this info will be tossed.
5. And finally, answer this question: What’s your favorite thing about fall and do you have a favorite book you re-read during this time of year?
To find a list of all participating bloggers, click here.
And because it’s needed, here is the official “contest language”
By your information, you certify that you are eligible to enter and agree to be bound by these rule
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
• Eligibility requirements – 18 or over; U.S. residents only (NOTE: I have to do this for the FTC – sorry international readers but I have to comply with EVERY ENTRANTS COUNTRY’S laws and honestly, I don’t have time for that)
• Giveaway runs from September 27th EST to September 29th at 11:59pm EST – no entries will count after that
• Number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning
• Winners chosen randomly through http://random.org
• Duplicate entries will be deleted
• Winner will be selected on September 30th, 2013. Winner will have 14 days to claim prize
• Giveaway sponsors (this blog as well as Blog Fest 2013 leaders) reserve the right to obtain winners’ names for purposes of prize dissemination, as well as the right to publicize winners’ names for promotional purposes
• If potential prize winner forfeits or do not claim their prize, prize will be re-awarded, at sponsor’s sole discretion
• The giveaway sponsors shall be held harmless in the event that the prize in some way negatively impacts the winner
• Giveaway home state is Indiana and shall abide by applicable laws thereof
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Giveaway sponsors will be the sole collectors of entrants’ personal information – name and e-mail address will be the only information collected